We’re looking for developers passionate about writing (or vice versa) to contribute to the Arctype Blog. Our ideal writer is experienced with databases, creative, and a strong storyteller. You can write as little or as much as you want, but we would prefer at least one post per month.
This is a great opportunity for developers who want to:
- Improve their writing skills
- Publish content under their name and build their brand without the hassle of editing and distribution
- Earn extra income on their own schedule
If this sounds like you then keep reading!
What do we write about?
There are five categories that our blog focuses on:
- Advice for developers
We strive to create content that is relevant to our readers and is engaging. The internet is already filled with content, and we do not want to add another tutorial on how to do a join in SQL.
Here are a few ideas for what you can write about within each category:
- Tutorials on how to do something interesting, unique, or difficult (Using Triggers to Track Databases )
- Deep dive into how something works (SQL’s 50 Year Reign)
- Case studies using a specific dataset to do analysis (Scoring your Fantasy Draft)
- Actionable advice for engineers (3 Tools to Scale Side Projects)
- A reflection on a personal experience with takeaways (How we delivered new services without building new services)
To think of other possible ideas, we recommend starting from one of these three places (inspired by Hackernoon):
- Personal experience
- Technical expertise
- Perspective on current events
Who do we write for?
We write content with a specific focus on three groups:
- Developers working on a side project
- Developers working at a small - medium size startup
- Anyone who works deeply with databases (dbas, data scientists, analysts, etc)
What is our writing process?
- Writer submits 2-3 article topics
- We work together to refine one topic and create an online
- Writer creates a first draft
- Our editor reviews and provides high level feedback
- Writer completes a second draft
- Editor reviews and sends back final edits
- When both parties are happy with the article, the writer sends a final copy
- Writer gets paid (within 1 week of final draft)
- We publish and notify the writer (~1 month after the final draft)
- We handle distribution, but additional help is appreciated :)
We offer free services to all of our writers to help them write engaging posts and share it with tens of thousands of readers. These services include:
- Keyword research for SEO
- Professional editing
- Syndication back to a personal blog or website
Writers are compensated $150/post, and we provide additional bonuses based off the performance of the post.
How do I apply?
If you made it this far, thank you and we’re excited to hear from you!
To get started, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Two previous articles that you've written about any aspect of software development. Links to blog posts are ok.
- The titles / topics of 2-3 pieces that you think would be interesting to write for Arctype (check out our blog to see what we’ve already written)
- [optional] Links to any personal websites, portfolios, or social accounts
We will try to provide a response within one week. If it looks like you're a good fit, we'll schedule a call to discuss how we might work together.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions. We’re excited to work together to build the world’s best SQL client!